As a new mom I am always on the lookout for new fun things to do in our day. There's only so much walking around the house looking in the mirrors one can do in a day. Luckily, when I became a mom someone introduced me to "MomsHamilton", a group of women that get together around the neighbourhood and meet at different venues to chat, drink beer (or kombucha), and talk about how no one is sleeping!
After attending a few of these events, I decided to create a list of places in the area that offer services to Mom's and their babes! Here are a few places I have been to, or have been recommended to try in the future!
- Common Moms Family Room: babies under one are free, and adults & kids are $6. They had a couch for the mom's to sit and chat, while the babies roamed on their foam mats, or ball put. They even served free coffee!
- Mother Goose: they're offered in many different cities, but I have found it to be a great hour out of the house where you sing and interact with other moms/kids, and the program is free!
- Grain & Grit: This local brewery is fantastic for putting together events, and they even have one dedicated to Babies & Brews. Every Tuesday at 2:00 pm you can join many other mom's with a beer or kombucha, and relax in their super cute brewery.
- Little Rebels: This music class is offered in group sessions, and our little mom group has LOVED it! The mom's sing, the babies play the maracas, and everyone enjoys an hour of music and development!
- Baby Float Spa: They offer baby float therapy and baby massages! I haven't been yet, but a friend visited and had great things to say! Her little one slept for 3 hours after, which I have to assume is because she was so zen'd out from the spa day she had!
- Alchemy Crossfit, De La Sol Yoga, Morgan Kate Fitness & Fit Barre Hamilton: Both locations offer mom & me classes, so you're able to go and workout for an hour while the coaches help care for your babe. It's a nice hour to sweat, and not have to be on "mom duty" the entire time!
- Messy Play Studio: This amazing spot provides sensory and creative play experiences for your little one through different events they offer throughout the year. Check their website for whats coming up next!
- Blossom Musik: They have a drop in class every other Friday
- Chickadee Family Cafe: This coffee shop has a play area for kids ages 0-6 and a full service cafe to keep moms caffeinated! There are also Mommy and me programs, free Mom & baby chats with local practitioners every Wednesday afternoon.
- Playville Hamilton:
- The Pearl Humminbird:
- Gymalaya Burlington: Lots of fun for any ages! There is a nice lounge area for post play snacks too!
- Muchies Coffee House and Bakery: This spot is baby AND pet friendly, so you can join with your dog! If you love animals and need a spot to go with your babe, this place is for you!
- the World of my Baby: A clinic with different services and workshops; Massage Therapy, Osteopathy, Naturopathy, Counselling, Physiotherapy, and Chiropractic care